Bombers close a tough season
Rotary club honors students
Local tapped for national team
- Professionals sought for rural areas - 11:51 am
- Tillman County Jail receives donation - 2:31 pm
- Altus man killed in crash - 11:54 am
- Jail report for Feb. 10 – 17 - 11:16 pm
- Evans leads Oklahoma State past Oklahoma 96-92 - 11:40 am
- Community Calendar - 10:29 am
- Students of the month named - 2:08 pm
- Local students attend Legacy Weekend at OSU - 12:25 pm
- Tillman County Sheriff’s Deputy dies - 10:27 am updated: 10:30 am.
- Teacher accused of rape sentenced - 10:26 am
- Frederick City Council meets in regular session - 9:28 am
- Local writer graduates - 11:59 am
- Jail report for Feb. 3 – 10 - 11:59 am
- Lawton man dies in crash - 11:58 am
- Principal Pals - 11:58 am
- Community Calendar - 11:58 am
- New business opens in Frederick - 11:52 am
- Locals compete in livestock show - 7:47 pm
- Local students participate in choral festival - 7:47 pm
- Livestock auction raises nearly $80,000 - 7:46 pm
- Juvenile arrested for passing fake money - 7:46 pm updated: 8:11 pm.
- Cub Scouts hold annual derby - 7:45 pm
- Stakeholder meeting scheduled - 1:25 pm
- City authorizes hospital authority to enter agreement - 3:37 pm
- City authorizes hospital authority to enter agreement - 12:25 pm
Teacher accused of rape sentenced
The sentencing hearing for Laura Cowen was held Feb. 17 with Judge Norm Russell presiding. Cowen was charged with two counts of rape in the second deg...
Frederick City Council meets in regular session
The Frederick Public Works Authority met in a regular session at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Memorial Civic Center, 110 S. 17th St. in Frederick.Official...
Local writer graduates
A local journalist with Civitas Media recently completed her academic studies to receive a bachelor of arts degree.Kathleen Guill of Frederick graduat...
Lawton man dies in crash
An accident claimed the life of a Lawton man Feb. 8, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.Carlton Bennett, 38 of Lawton was reportedly driving a 1...
One child per class is chosen as Principal Pal each week for outstanding behavior and academics at Prather Brown Elementary School. Last week’s ...
Senior night held
Senior Night was Feb. 7 during the home basketball games. Frederick played against Lawton Christian.The event is dedicated to the seniors playing the ...
Durant leads Warriors to win in return to Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY — After a roller-coaster of emotions surrounding his return to Oklahoma City, Kevin Durant was glad to come out with a win and mov...
Frederick Lady Bomberbasketball team to host5-kilometer fundraiser
The Frederick Lady Bomber basketball team is hosting a 5K and one-mile run or walk fundraiser 6 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Memorial Park at 800 S. 17th St. i...
Frederick beats Commanche in first game of the season
The Frederick Bombers opened their season hosting the Comanche Indians, who have been struggling through some unsuccessful seasons recently.The Bomber...
Lady Bomberslose to Warriorsin extra innings
The Lady Bombers traveled to Apache on Aug. 16 to take on the Lady Warriors in the second conference game of the season.Angeli Zuniga led off the firs...
There will be a come and go birthday celebration honoring Francis Ayala 2-4 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of St. Helen’s Catholic Church,...
Blue baby shower slated
Britni (Hoover) and Matt Smith will be honored with a “blue” baby shower 10 a.m. Sept. 24 at the home of Amy Hensley, 7074B Lovejoy Lane i...
Local artist hosts sidewalk art class
Lynn Melton hosted a sidewalk art class Aug. 2-5 for middle school students.Melton is the Artist-In-Resident at Frederick Public Schools.The class was...
Pink baby shower slated
There will be a pink baby shower for Chris Arumugam and Alisha Franklin from 3-5 p.m. Sunday at the Civic Center.Special to the Press-Leader...
Arts council seeks chair artists
The Frederick Arts Council is looking for people who would like to “chair” the 44th Annual Arts and Action art show that will be held on t...
The oyster fry will be here soon
I’m hoping you have figured out it’s time for the Frederick Fantastic Oyster Fry and Craft Show.This event which goes back 28 years in Fre...
“Dallas” is a new favorite
I’ve mentioned in previous articles that I am living in my grandparent’s old house. Not too long ago I was sorting through the VHS tapes (...
You aren’t a waste of God’s time
My son was told by an adult that he’s a waste of God’s time.He’d done something he shouldn’t have. He was goofing off in a cla...
Friends and sinners
The Lord often taught his followers by doing.One such example can be found when he met up with a feller by the name of Zaccheus, the chief tax collect...
A hand for a home
A good friend of mine gave me some advice for my move back home. She told me I would be fragile from all of the growing and changing that I had experi...
Boys will be boys
I saw something at the grocery store today that I’m still shocked about. A mother was shopping with her two kids. The little boy was probably no...